CAREERSLooking for variety & better work stories? Fancy working for some of NZ's most innovative businesses?
Remember all of those projects you dreamt about working on when you were in University?
Well here's your chance to join a company that works across all industries and all aspects of design.
WHY WORK AT CALIBER?
- VARIETY - work across multiple industries on a variety of really cool projects
- EXPERIENCE - gain experience working in different industries, different teams, different projects and products
- FLEXIBILITY - contract or full-time options available
- TEAM - experienced team of talented engineers
- CULTURE - authentic values, team events, wellbeing a priority
- SUPPORT - solid systems and processes, PD opportunities
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A CALIBER ENGINEER?
Your skills/attributes will include:
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong command of 3D CAD packages, particularly SolidWorks and Inventor.
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in a design role within the field of mechanical engineering.
- Strong FEA and calculations skills.
- An excellent grasp of the fundamentals of mechanical engineering.
- A sound knowledge of the NZ Engineering Industry standards and codes.
- Practical mechanical skills and experience with the design of a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
Find out more about what it takes to be a Caliber Engineer.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- All positions are advertised on Seek. We ask that all applications are made through Seek.
- Shortlisted applicants are telephoned.
- If your skills and experience tick the right boxes, you'll be emailed Caliber's technical test.
- Your test results are reviewed by a senior engineer. If they're good, you'll receive a phone call for a technical chat.
- If the result of the technical chat is pleasing, an interview with one of Caliber's Directors will be scheduled.
- References are checked.
- Employment options (contract or employee) are discussed.
- Employment offer made.
- Once accepted, induction process begins. This includes developing a thorough understanding of Caliber's processes and procedures, completing a bio about your work experience, and may include some software skills training.