FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSWhat would you like to know?
Where are you based?
Are you setup for working remotely?
Because our team has always worked remotely from each other around the country, we specialise in remote communications. We have thoroughly tried and tested processes, procedures and templates for remote design, analysis, drawing, and checking.
What is seconded / project-based engineering?
Seconded or project-based engineering is where we place engineers in your premises to work as part of your team on a project-by-project basis.
This model works for our clients. They appreciate the breadth of experience and innovative ideas that our engineers bring to each job, as well as the time we take to scope their specific requirements to ensure we place the engineer with the most relevant experience and skill set onto their project, and the values that form the foundation of how we do business.
What are the benefits of seconded / project-based engineering?
- Reduce costs – only pay for design resource when it’s required
- Reduce time to market – faster product development through short term use of external design resource
- Targeted resource – get the specific skills you need, when you need them
- Collective wisdom – Caliber engineers tap into the collective wisdom and experience of the whole Caliber team
- No overheads – no recruitment or overhead costs
How are you different from other engineering consultants?
What industries do you work in?
- Heavy industry
- Materials handling
- Oil & Gas
- Pressure vessels
- Process solutions
- Product design
- Production equipment
What technical skills do Caliber Design engineers have?
Caliber Design engineers are employed for their personal qualities that align with our values, broad skill sets, and passion for engineering. We’ll always ensure you get the engineer that best meets your requirements.
Some of the technical skills our team have include:
- Concept development
- Industrial design
- Engineering calculations
- Project engineering
- Product development
- Project management
- Supplier selection
- Commissioning support
Are your engineers qualified?
What personal skills and attributes do Caliber Engineers have?
We’re proud to have a team of engineers who possess the following attributes:
- Collaboration / team work
- Emotional intelligence
- Innovative / creative thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Logical thinking
- Problem solving
What are your design and analysis software capabilities?
- Adobe Creative suite
- Enterprise PDM
- JDEdwards MRP
- Microsoft Office suite
- MRP Factory Maker
- Solid Edge
What level of service can you expect when working with Caliber Design?
- Clear planning and procedures – to ensure everyone is clear about what the job entails and the deliverables.
- Regular status report – an email that outlines what has been done, the plan for the coming period, any issues, any variations or ‘out of scope’ requests, and any opportunities we can see to improve the project we’re working on.
- Support – Caliber engineers are backed by the Caliber Network – a tight team of experienced colleagues and a powerful suite of proven resources that they can call on.
- Leadership – Caliber leadership stands firmly behind every one of our engineers. You’ll receive a regular phone call (as agreed upfront) from one of our leadership team to ensure the project is on target and you are happy with Caliber’s performance.
- Budget – we will not go over budget without approval.
- Deadlines – we appreciate the need to meet deadlines and will work with you to ensure your deadlines are met. Our employees have the flexibility to put in the extra hours when required to get the job done – we will not go over time without discussion.
- Professional, passionate engineers that will hit the ground running.
- Engineers that will quickly adopt your processes and systems … but with the experience and resources to pull from when/if required.
- Rotational policy – to ensure future availability of staff familiar with your systems, we work on a rotational policy for our seconded engineers of approximately 3 months.
- Quality work – whether our guys are seconded into your work or working from Caliber headquarters, you are assured of a quality job. Our systems are set up to follow best practice and provide the best opportunity for success.
What are your analysis capabilities?
- Design and certification of pressure vessels
- Vibration, buckling and impact analysis
- Design and certification of cranes, hoists, gantries and winches.
- Structural verification
- Seismic, wind and snow loadings on structures and building elements
- Fatigue analysis
- Simulating gas/liquid flows and running “what if” scenarios
- Analysing the effects of fluid flow, heat transfer and related forces on immersed/surrounding bodies