DESIGNExperienced, qualified engineers backed by rigorous systems and support
Caliber engineers design engines, conveyors and production lines, production machinery, ship interiors, aircraft interiors, consumer products, food handling equipment, jigs and fixtures, jet units, fence manufacturing equipment, mooring machines, boats, platforms, robots, ducting, enclosures, facades, treatment plants …
As a matter of course, we design for manufacture and we design for sustainability. We have tested and proven procedures, systems, and templates, along with an extensive Design Manual, that all our Design Engineers follow.
“It is hard finding people like yourself who you can just give a vague outline to and let them go away and start designing something that has a decent amount of thought around it.”"Egan Bowden, Design Engineer, ROCKLABS
Design Case Studies
Tips for Setting Up a Professional Drawing System:
- PROCEDURES – Establish a ‘procedures document’ so that drawing files are setup in a consistent way. Keep your procedures up to date, encourage your team to add to them, and insist that everyone in your team to use them!
- TEMPLATES – Invest some time in setting up a solid drawing template and you’ll save yourself time and energy on every job and reduce the chance of mistakes sneaking in!
- FILE STRUCTURE – Create a file naming structure that makes sense for your workplace and your workflow. Document it and stick to it.
- CHECKING – A well thought out review procedure ensures that every drawing gets checked thoroughly every time. Print and check your drawings thoroughly. Have someone else check your drawings.
- REVISIONS – Develop a clear and efficient system for keeping track of what is changing and why it changed. Without one, changes may be lost, and items manufactured to old drawings!
- BACKUPS – Files get lost, computer systems break down. So, keep hard copy records of your work, save revisions, and backup your backups.
- IP PROTECTION – Your intellectual property is a valuable asset. Don’t distribute your CAD files unnecessarily—PDFs often suffice. Use the security settings within your PDF writer to your advantage.
- MACROS – Use your software capabilities to the max and you will save time and money. Macros can be setup to do boring repetitive tasks in an instant.