PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTGet the support you need to design, develop, and commercialise your product
The product development process is tough to get right. Many companies would like to develop a new product but often underestimate what it takes to develop a successful one, the right way to go about it, or the real costs associated.
We love product design. Our design engineers are talented innovators and problem solvers. As a team we offer a depth and breadth of product and industry experience that means you can throw us a problem and we’ll solve it.
In addition to our inhouse team, we have developed a network of experts that we collaborate with, including intellectual property, certification, commercialisation, sustainability specialists.
“Right from the outset, it was easy to communicate with the team. Their understanding of our requirements in detail and their subject knowledge made the whole process easy.”Krish Mukunth, Operations Manager, IBEX Industries
Product Development Case Studies
Product Development Tips
- DO YOU HAVE A PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PROCESS? Decide on a product development process to use and follow it. A solid process will improve the design of your product, ensure it meets market needs and requirements, and reduce the time and cost of development.
- HAVE YOU DONE YOUR HOMEWORK? You must understand your customer—know their requirements inside out before you start the design phase. Then you will have the information you need to differentiate your product in the market, extend it’s life, and command higher margins.
- WHO IS IN YOUR VALUE CHAIN? Define everyone who has a vested interest in your product and get to know them…engage with them, understand them…they may hold the key you need for a revolutionary product!
- ARE THE PRODUCT REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENTED? A clear and concise design brief (or product specification) will ensure all stakeholders are pulling in the same direction, helps ensure the goals are clear, keeps the program on track, and the team focussed.
- ARE YOU FOSTERING INNOVATION? Developing a positive team environment will foster innovation.
- ARE YOU LEVERAGING TECHNOLOGY? Make the most of the technology and experts available to you. It’s not always practical to have the tools and expertise in house—consider outsourcing and benefit from the technology and the boffins without the overheads!
- ARE YOU TAKING A SUSTAINABLE APPROACH? Think about how your product will impact on the environment throughout its life cycle and plan to leave the smallest footprint possible.