PROJECT ENGINEERINGTechnical, managerial and site management ensures successful project delivery
Successful projects require good management. Project Engineers act as a liaison between Project Managers and technical teams. They take responsibility for technical, managerial, and site work tasks … applying a macro lens to the project and working with stakeholders across your project to ensure it’s finished in full, on time, and in spec.
What is Project Engineering?
- Specification writing and reviewing
- Gathering information from customers and suppliers
- Working with other engineering disciplines
- Engineering design
- Delivering work packages for review
- Running design reviews
- Engineering BOMs
- Working with certifying engineers and external contractors
- Transfer of all IP to client throughout the project
- Managing the mechanical engineering component of a project
- Tracking project timeline and budget against actual
- Managing groups of design engineers, both from Caliber and the client
- Mentoring the team
- Risk identification and management
- Liaising/reporting to a Project Manager
- Working with suppliers
- Stakeholder management
- Site inspection and documenting findings
- Managing manufacture and assembly
- Factory acceptance testing/site acceptance testing
- Problem solving
Why use a Caliber Project Engineer?
- EXPERIENCE – Our engineers are all qualified design engineers and have experience across multiple industries and projects. They are practical, hands-on and will get the job done.
- KNOWLEDGE – Through experience, the Caliber collective has developed an immense knowledge base for mechanical design theory and practice across all industries.
- STANDARDS – We use industry standard project management techniques within your existing framework. No reinventing the wheel here, rather augmenting your existing practices.
- SYSTEMS – Tested and proven systems, procedures, and templates.
- EASE – Easy to integrate into your business. We join your project when you need us. No recruitment, no PAYE, no leave to administer … just a competent engineer who can hit the ground running.
- IMPROVE COMMUNICATION & WORKFLOW – A project engineer can be the connection between your design team and other stakeholders.
- SUPPORT – Works alongside your project manager to ensure cost, scope, and time are managed and understood from a technical standpoint, reducing their managerial load and filling technical knowledge gaps.