BE Mech (Hons)
- Design of truck bin seal system for dust-controlled hopper, this system required an innovative approach to develop as it was a new to market concept for this client.
- Design of fabricated framework and paneling for truck bin seal, calculation of stresses and deflections of frame under self-weight
- Assessment of tolerable misalignment, designing sufficient clearances in system to accommodate expected positional and angular deviations of truck bin.
- Design of winching system to AS1418.1, sizing wire rope and winch drums for lowering seal onto truck bed, design of lifting points
- Analysis of driveshaft deflections and stresses, sizing of motors for system.
- Incorporation of features for dust return and fill level sensing into truck bin seal.
SGS Mill design
- Working with another Caliber engineer to ensure release to project deadline.
- Design and release of several machined parts and weldments.
- Component selection and schematics for water cooling circuit.
- Coordination with suppliers to select components with suitable lead-time for project schedule.
- Strain gauging, coordination with contractor resource and data processing to assist analysis validation.
Smart Shopping Basket
- Product design for smart shopping basket.
- Collaboration with electronics hardware stakeholders to develop frictionless charging solution.
- Prototyping of full product and discrete subsystems.
- Coordination with external suppliers.
- Test jig design and assembly.
Fertiliser Spreader project
- Design for manufacture/assembly – rotationally moulded PE panels.
- Coordination with manufacturing stakeholder to adjust design features for rotational moulding.
- Design of attachment features to fabricated steel chassis.
I am a bit of a chip off the old block really. My Dad is also a mechanical engineer. This gave me a bit of exposure to the field in my formative years, getting to see the (awesome) machines he was working on from time to time. Coming out of High school I was pretty keen to tackle those kind of...
Marine Component Modelling
- Design of machined components for mast construction and rigging attachments.
- Design of spreader bar attachments to mast, 3D approaches used for several design checks saved substantial time VS client expectation of design time.
- Design of mast base regions for attachment of rigging blocks, coordination of details supplied by boat builder, design adjustments to achieve required winch incidence angles.
- FEA of rigging components designed to take rigging loads, optimizing material usage for parts to remain lightweight.
- Support PS1 updates, manufacturing release and site coordination for office Façade installation.
- Fabrication drawings for various metalwork items for Auckland commercial bay restaurants.
- Drawings for fabrication of Architectural Features within Auckland Museum renovation.
Drafting, Drawing & Site Measurement
- Draughting support for metal fabrication workshop.
- Drawings for fabrication of continuous 8 floor architectural feature within stairwell (now fabricated and installed successfully).
- Creation of drawings to support fabrication of handrails, balustrades, and other general sheetmetal parts.
- Interpretation of structural and architectural drawings.
- Drawings to support PS1 signoff of balustrade features.
- Coordination of site measurement activity.
I have worked diligently with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to successfully deliver projects. I’ve shown an ability to systematically approach, understand and resolve complex issues. I am able to clearly present information to support key project decisions, and can adapt and develop approaches to minimise issues as they arise.
In my career I have participated in all aspects of the project cycle, from concept development and scoping, detailed design and project implementation. I have a broad base of technical skills to draw on, enabling me to confidently develop robust design solutions.
- Collaboration / team work
- Innovative / creative thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Logical thinking
- Problem solving
- Training / coaching
- Concept development
- Engineering calculations
- Product development
- Project management
- Commissioning support
- JDEdwards MRP
- Microsoft Office suite
- Product design
- Production equipment
Front Loader Washing Machine Implementation
Participation in several on-site assignments overseas in China, totaling 2 months overseas. Consideration of machinery issues affecting product quality. Implementation of inspection processes to ensure quality. Strong collaboration between Chinese Factory/Product design stakeholders, external Machine design stakeholders, and internal product design stakeholders to progress issue resolution. Successful resolution of issues enabling product launch to market.
High Capacity Destructive Test Facility
Identified limitation due to lack of safe testing space for destructive product testing, impacting delivery of upcoming project. Coordinated delivery of testing facility to budget of <10k NZD, supporting 8-10 products tested concurrently. Delivery to schedule allowing project progression without delay.
Front Loader Drum Assembly Fatigue Analysis
Fatigue assessment of drum assembly exposed to varied loading conditions. Finite element analysis to predict critically loaded areas. FE validation applying strain gauging to validate FE model. Application of fatigue design curves developed from parent metal and welded specimens tested externally. Coordination of physical product testing to validate fatigue failure models. Regular review with internal experts to maintain project momentum. Completion of all work to schedule.