I have worked diligently with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to successfully deliver projects. I’ve shown an ability to systematically approach, understand and resolve complex issues. I am able to clearly present information to support key project decisions, and can adapt and develop approaches to minimise issues as they arise.
In my career I have participated in all aspects of the project cycle, from concept development and scoping, detailed design and project implementation. I have a broad base of technical skills to draw on, enabling me to confidently develop robust design solutions.
- Collaboration / team work
- Innovative / creative thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Logical thinking
- Problem solving
- Training / coaching
- Concept development
- Engineering calculations
- Product development
- Project management
- Commissioning support
- JDEdwards MRP
- Microsoft Office suite
- Product design
- Production equipment
SGS Mill design
- Working with another Caliber engineer to ensure release to project deadline
- Design and release of several machined parts and weldments.
- Component selection and schematics for water cooling circuit.
- Coordination with suppliers to select components with suitable lead-time for project schedule.
- Strain gauging, coordination with contractor resource and data processing to assist analysis validation.
Fertiliser Spreader project
- Design for manufacture/assembly – rotationally moulded PE panels.
- Coordination with manufacturing stakeholder to adjust design features for rotational moulding.
- Design of attachment features to fabricated steel chassis.
Front Loader Washing Machine Implementation
Participation in several on-site assignments overseas in China, totaling 2 months overseas. Consideration of machinery issues affecting product quality. Implementation of inspection processes to ensure quality. Strong collaboration between Chinese Factory/Product design stakeholders, external Machine design stakeholders, and internal product design stakeholders to progress issue resolution. Successful resolution of issues enabling product launch to market.
High Capacity Destructive Test Facility
Identified limitation due to lack of safe testing space for destructive product testing, impacting delivery of upcoming project. Coordinated delivery of testing facility to budget of <10k NZD, supporting 8-10 products tested concurrently. Delivery to schedule allowing project progression without delay.
Front Loader Drum Assembly Fatigue Analysis
Fatigue assessment of drum assembly exposed to varied loading conditions. Finite element analysis to predict critically loaded areas. FE validation applying strain gauging to validate FE model. Application of fatigue design curves developed from parent metal and welded specimens tested externally. Coordination of physical product testing to validate fatigue failure models. Regular review with internal experts to maintain project momentum. Completion of all work to schedule.